Here’s a recipe from our friends at Traeger Grills that is bursting with flavor and cherry wood-fired smoke. This sandwich is complemented by an apple mustard slaw worthy of German sausage!
- Difficulty: 2 of 5
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4
- Hardwood: Cherry
- 4 Bratwurst
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled
- 1/2 Small red onion
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tsp. Traeger Veggie Shake
- 1 Stick butter, melted
- 4 Sub sandwich rolls
- Grate unpeeled Granny Smith apples and red onion into a large bowl.
- Toss with mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, spicy brown mustard and Traeger Veggie Shake.
- When ready to cook, start your Traeger Grill on smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4-5 minutes). Set the temperature to 375 degrees F and preheat, lid closed for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place brats on the Traeger for 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes tented with foil.
- While the brats are resting, brush the sub sandwich rolls with melted butter and toast for 30-45 seconds on the grill.
- Remove buns from grill, add brats and top with apple slaw. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Traeger