BRASELTON, Ga. - Georgia Spa Company has been named
the Barrow County Chamber of Commerce's Large Business of the Year for 2023.
The honor was announced at the 77th Annual Barrow County Dinner and
Awards Celebration held at the Braselton Civic Center.
"We are incredibly grateful for this honor to be bestowed upon us," said Josh Kemerling, Georgia Spa Company Chief Executive Officer. "This award is a testament to the hard work, dedication, and passion of our entire team. We deeply value the support of our community and our valued customers. We're especially proud to be a Barrow County business, and this recognition inspires us to continue striving for excellence and making a positive impact."
Georgia Spa Company has over 90 employees with most of its
staff working in two office/warehouse locations in Barrow County. In 2023, the
Georgia Spa became an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) business.
Transferring ownership to its employees helps foster a work environment
conducive to prosperity and growth.
As Georgia Spa continues to grow, so do its efforts to give back to the community. In 2023, nearly $120,000 went to over 40 organizations and individuals across the state through the Georgia Spa Gives Back program. In Barrow County, those charitable efforts included:
- Using a portion of our Second Quarter proceeds to support Adventure Bags, the Boys & Girls Club of Winder-Barrow County and Camp Twin Lakes.
- Holding a Bike Build team-building activity on the day we became Employee-Owned with bikes benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Winder-Barrow County.
- Supporting Georgia educators through a Teacher Appreciation program, including teachers from the Barrow Arts & Science Academy and Bethlehem Christian Academy.
- Holding a Toy Drive and providing monetary donations to benefit the Winder Fire Department's Empty Stocking Toy Drive and Barrow County Sheriff's Office's Shop with a Hero program.
- Hot Tub for a Hero: The 2023 recipient, Pete Amis, who was selected after a vigorous nomination and review process, is a Barrow County Veteran.
- Provided an Adopt-A-Hive Corporate Sponsorship for the Grant Boys Honey Bee Foundation.
- Additional Georgia Spa Gives Back efforts with connections to Barrow County include providing sponsorships to Bethlehem Christian Academy, Dirty South Outlaws Travel Baseball, Encore Dance Productions, GA Classics Softball, Inspire School for the Arts and Winder Fire Department's golf tournament benefiting the Georgia Burn Foundation.
Since its founding, Georgia Spa Company has stood by the
phrase "When service and quality count, you can count on Georgia Spa Company."
That is evident in the company's nearly 4,500 reviews, which include over 1,300
from locations headquartered in Barrow County.
Additionally, Georgia Spa has employees who are active
leaders in the community - through schools, business partnerships,
organizational memberships, attending community events and more.
"We're proud to say we live and work in Barrow County - it's
a Big Deal!" exclaimed Kemerling.