Position: Service Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Georgia Spa Company operates showroom locations in Alpharetta, Buford, Kennesaw, Athens, Augusta and Newnan. Additionally, Georgia Spa has an outlet, distribution and service center in Auburn, Georgia. Service Technicians work primarily out of one of three locations: Our main distribution and service center in Auburn, our Augusta location, or Newnan. This position will work from those locations as necessary, but will primarily be based in the Kennesaw area.
The service technician will possess a combination of specialized mechanical and electrical skills along with customer service skills to offer excellent service to hot tub, sauna and swim spa customers in need of repairs and/or maintenance. The person in this position should be able to demonstrate responsibility and accountability as the service tech will predominantly work independently to complete services in a timely manner while maintaining customer satisfaction.
This position works out of the Georgia Spa Company Service & Distribution Center in Auburn, Georgia, or out of our Augusta or Newnan locations, and requires daily travel in a company provide vehicle. The service department operates on a Monday-Friday schedule, and service technicians may be on call select assigned weekends. Typical hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., however with the nature of this position, service technicians sometimes work later than 5 p.m.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous hot tub, swim spa and/or pool experience preferred
- Basic plumbing, electrical experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow employees
- Care about details and demonstrate organizational skills
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and guidelines
- Believe in teamwork, have a desire to have fun at work and display a positive attitude
- Be dependable, timely and reliable
- Basic computer and mathematics skills
- Physical effort required associated with standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching; ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Current and valid Georgia driver's license with clean driving record; Minimum driving age of 18
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Provide top-notch customer service and treat all customers with respect
- Test and balance water chemistry
- Provide inspection, diagnose and repair of hot tub, sauna and swim spas
- Suggest and/or sell needed replacements or upgrades to customers (chemicals, supplies, etc.)
- Complete job paperwork in a timely manner (same day service provided)
- Maintain inventory of service vehicle while keeping it clean and organized
- Uphold proper condition of company provided tools
- Dress in uniform (company reimbursement for uniform)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid medical, dental and life insurance programs;
- Additional insurance programs available
- Generous employee purchase plan
Not all benefits are immediately available. Benefits become available based on longevity with the company.
Application Deadline: Georgia Spa Company always accepts applications of qualified individuals that are interested in working with us.